This Low Fat Mushroom, Spinach and Potato Pie is extremely delicious and full flavour! If it wasn’t in the title you wouldn’t even know that the recipe wasn’t full fat its that good! As filo pastry is used this is a lovely light pie with a home hearty jam packed filling. I made this last Monday…it was so quick and easy you can cut it up and save some in the fridge for the next day!! That’s if you can resist not eating it all.
If you fancy a real treat tonight, then rush to the store and pick up the following essentials…you will not regret it 😉
Ok maybe don’t rush…walk briskly.
Low Fat Mushroom, Spinach and Potato Pie
Ingredients For Low Fat Mushroom, Spinach and Potato Pie :
• 400g baby spinach
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 500g mushrooms, such as chestnut, shiitake and button
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 250ml vegetable stock (made from half a low sodium vegetable stock cube)
• 300g cooked new potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 tbsp grain mustard
• 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
• 2 heaped tbsp light crème fraîche
• 3 sheets filo pastry
• 300g each green beans and broccoli, steamed
• Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
Wilt spinach in a colander by pouring a kettleful of hot water over it.
• Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry mushrooms on a high heat until golden. Add garlic and cook for 1 min, then tip in stock, mustard, nutmeg and potatoes. Bubble for a few mins until reduced. Season, then remove from the heat; add crème fraîche and spinach. Pour into a pie dish and allow to cool for a few mins.
• Brush filo with remaining oil, quarter sheets then loosely scrunch up and lay on top of pie filling.
Bake for 20-25 mins until golden. Serve with vegetables.
Here is one I made Earlier 😉
As you know by now mushrooms are a favourite of mine, so I was so happy to see this recipe included a few different kinds. Mushroom lovers will agree you can really taste the texture and flavours coming out in this pie.